Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Boys and Girls jobs

D and I were driving in the car.
D: "Mom, why do boys do all the work and girls sit?"
Mom: "Mommy does alot of work, maybe you just don't see her working."
D: "No, my friend told me that boys do all the work and girls lie down." (Obviously gospel doctrine when it comes from another 5 year old.)
Mom: "Mommies take care of kids and homes and Daddies work to pay for the things we need." (Shameless plug for the Proclamation On The Family).
Mom: "D, if I weren't here...who would clean the house and cook the food?"
D: shaking his head like I'm stupid, "Dad, he does it anyways." (OK, I hate to cook and Les loves to, I live it up on the weekend with that luxury).
Mom: "OK, who would get you to school on time?"
D: "Grandma, she is an Old Mom, she could probably do it." (SIDENOTE: Totally sharing that with Grandma H:)

Time lapse, more conversation blah blah blah...

Mom: trying to make a point about how hard mom's work, "Like for instance Mrs. Ewing (D's kindergarten teacher) she is a special mom because she teaches school."
D: laughing, "She doesn't work! She's still in school!" (Totally sharing that with the kindergarten teacher.)

His world is little and he is funny. He thinks Mommy is lying around eating peeled grapes, Grandma is an Old Mom looking for a project and Poor Mrs. Ewing can't seem to pass Kindergarten.

1 comment: