So, my almost 10 year old wants a party. No problem, I am not a creative person but I do know how to use Google to get ideas. I am not worried.
Day of party comes. Can't be on actual Bday because of a scheduling conflict. (That never crossed my mind that there would be 'scheduling conflicts' on birthdays when this little guy showed up and scared all of us while we fell in love with him ten years ago).
All the boys show up, doesn't even cross our minds to invite girls because we are unaware that girls exsist, and the party starts.
Mom is armed with party games etc. I think that all goes well. Then party is technically over. It is the time on the invitation which states party will be over. However,...no one will go home, but there is a long line to use the phone to see if each little man can stay longer. The party Mom and Dad go to porch to rest because we are pooped. I question my sweetheart about how he thinks the party went, he says..."kind of lame".
I suppose one should never ask a 37 year old if he enjoyed a 10 year old birthday party.
(I'm going to side with the lingering party goers that it indeed was NOT a lame party.)
No comments:
Post a Comment