Thursday, August 6, 2009

First tooth

When H was our only one I remember fretting and living through the cranky child while his first tooth came in. It consumed a great deal of my time and energy to 'worry' that tooth in. Each boys milestones which followed were also good but I forgot to spend as much time contemplating the passing of time that each one signified. However...my baby, D lost his first tooth yesterday and I almost cried! (Normally not an emotional girl over such things) He isn't even in kindergarten for another couple weeks. No more babies at this house.
He took it better than Mommy. He asked to tell Vorwaller and when he got on the phone with her he told her about the tooth and asked for a cake. (I'm guessing as a reward for being able to loose body parts, who knows why one needs a cake for such an occasion.) Much more appealing than the phone call to Grandad where he became graphic in his detail about the bloody tissue hanging from his mouth. No, he wasn't as emotional as Mommy.

1 comment: