Sunday, April 5, 2009

Banana Splits

To celebrate Hunter's first Priesthood Session with his Dad we had banana splits as a family when they got home and we could talk about what they learned etc. We had left over everything so I promised the boys another one (banana split) between sessions of General Conference today. When I broke out the ice cream, bananas, and all the toppings these were the orders:
Hunter: 'Don't forget Mom, no chocolate on mine." (clearly a freak of nature)
Carson: 'Don't put on anything except chocolate on mine." (even at that he just wanted a dab of chocolate)
Dallen: "I don't want a banana on mine, I'll eat one first (interpretation: plain banana on the side), Don't put any black or brown stuff on mine (interpretation: no sauces). said and done the kid just wanted a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Could these children be mine? Then, to my rescue was my current 'favorite baby' GARRETT!

He clearly is the apple not falling too far from the tree! He steps up to put in his order and says, "Just make it look like your's Mom, Your's are always good." I don't care if he is just making sure that he will always be in the will, it warms my fuzzy heart that something about their Mom is showing up in any of the boys!

(I clearly understand that it is a desperate woman who searches for any link to her children and finds a chocoholic tendancy a good thing.)

1 comment: